Routine Area Rug Maintenance
Regular care and maintenance is important to keep your rugs looking and performing like new for longer. Frequent cleaning will increase the longevity of your rugs by removing dirt and debris that can leave the fibers looking dull. When spills happen, it is important to act quickly to prevent stains or damage. Do not use any products on your rug without consulting your manufacturer. Learn more about how to keep your rug looking and performing great for many years.
Caring for Your Area Rugs
Proper maintenance and cleaning can help extend your rug's life and keep it looking fresh. Here are some general guidelines to ensure your rug remains pristine:
- Vacuum the rug regularly to remove any dirt and debris.
- Blot any liquid spills with a clean cloth. Then apply your manufacturer-approved cleaning solution.
- Use mats at entry ways to reduce the amount of dirt and debris tracked onto your rugs, which can leave your fibers looking dull.
- Invest in a professional cleaning once a year to restore your rug's sheen.
- Remove shoes before entering the house to prevent dirt and debris from being tracked into your home.
- Rotate your furniture regularly to prevent heavy wear and tear on specific areas of the rug.
- Use furniture pads to avoid indentations or crushing of the fibers.
- Trim your pet's nails regularly to avoid snags or pulls on your rug.