Routine Vinyl Care
With the right care your new vinyl floors will look and perform like new for many years. Regular care and maintenance is important for the longevity of your flooring. Routine cleaning will keep your vinyl looking its. best by removing dirt and debris that can scratch or damage your floors. Unfortunately, spills are inevitable, but by acting quickly you can prevent stains or damage. Do not use any products on your vinyl without consulting your manufacturer. Learn more about how to keep your new floors looking and performing great for many years.
Caring for Your Vinyl
Proper maintenance and cleaning can help extend your vinyl's life and keep it looking fresh. Here are some general guidelines to ensure your vinyl remains pristine:
- Sweep or vacuum your floors regularly to remove dirt, dust, and debris. How often you sweep will depend on how much foot-traffic your room receives. If you vacuum your vinyl be sure to remove the beater bar.
- Dry or damp mop your floors.
- Wipe up spills immediately to prevent stains.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners that can damage vinyl. Consult your manufacturer's guide before using any cleaning products on your floors.
- Place rugs or mats in high-traffic areas to reduce the amount of dirt tracked through your house and reduce the impact of wear and tear.
- Use furniture pads on the bottom of your furniture to prevent scratches or dents.
- Protect your vinyl floors from excessive sunlight, as this can cause them to fade or change color over time. Use window treatments such as blinds or curtains to control the amount of sunlight that enters the room.
- Trim your pet's nails regularly to avoid scratches on your vinyl floors.